跳到主要內容

#4 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Standford Commencement Address

How did the talk affect you?

The inspiration that this speech brought me is that the setbacks or difficulties encountered in life are the nutrients that make me grow. As Jobs' said, he was fired from the company he founded, but he never gave up on what he loved. After that, he established a company called Pixar, and finally not only returned to Apple, but also got a happy family. Therefore, setbacks bring us not only pain, but also unexpected gains.


How does this talk catch the listeners’ attention (or does it all)?

Jobs shared three stories in his life to describe the arguments he wanted to express, so that the audience could think from his perspective, and finally connect the three stories to make a conclusion, making the content of the speech more exciting and complete.

Has the talk changed your mind about something? If so, explain how.

Jobs shared that he chose to drop out because he couldn't see the value that college brought him, and then took  a calligraphy class that allowed him to create designs with beautiful layouts and special fonts after inventing the Mac computer in the future. I quite agree with his point of view, learning the knowledge and technology that interests me and applying what you have learned is the core of learning.

Has the talk left you with any questions?

In addition to his strong perseverance for what he loves, is there any other factor that makes Jobs more determined to realize his dream instead of failing?

Does the talk relate to anything from your past life experiences?

Because I am very interested in Korean culture and also like watching Korean dramas, I have participated in the basic Korean class held by the school before, learning how to pronounce and understand basic daily Korean. I am willing to invest in the courses that interest me. I have more time to practice. In my daily life, I can also read the Korean language on the products, which is very useful to me.

Does the talk agree with any of your past life experiences?

As I said above, I took a Korean course because I was interested in Korean. Although there are some differences with Jobs dropping out of school to audit the course, the same thing is that we all learn what we are interested in.




留言

  1. Speaking of calligraphy class, it reminds me of my teacher telling me that Jobs didn't know that taking that calligraphy class would affect his future, which tells us not to cut class. Haha!

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#2 WHAT’S MY FAVORITE DRAMA THIS MONTH ~

 I just finished watching a Korean drama called -<Twenty-Five,Twnty-One>  One of the inspirational quotes I think is worth sharing is 『Life looks like a tragedy up close, but a comedy from a distance. So live as if looking from afar.』—Charlie Chaplin The story is set against the backdrop of the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis.Every character in the drama is moving towards their own dream, and they will not give up despite the difficulties. It also taught me how important it is for my friends and family to be able to encourage and accompany each other when times are low. So I highly recommend this step drama to everyone who hasn't watched it yet~

#3 Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

What is a procrastinator?I think I should be a good example. When homework,reports,review notes and preparing for license exam one after another. when something is done, I would like to relax. So I’ll go for a snack first or watch some YouTube videos. But happy times always go by quickly . After I enjoy my leisure time, a lot of things just waiting for me to finish. So I often stay up late to get a lot of work done at once. To solve the problem of procrastination, I learned to make a list of unfinished business and write the date. Just do what I need to do at the scheduled time, would solve my procrastination problem and make me be a efficient person. 1. Do you procrastinate sometimes? Yes ,  I do it sometimes. It make me have to do a lot in a very short period of time. 2. What are some of the things you procrastinate on? I procrastinate on my homework ,  report, exam . 3. What are some reasons for procrastination?  When I finish something , I would like to take a break. But usually ta